Today’s random blog is focusing on the newest internet sensation that is arguably ‘the new Gangnam Style’, this is of course the ‘Harlem Shake’.
Harlem Shake is a song created by music producer Baauer as part of an upcoming new music genre called Trap music. This genre is a fairly new considering that it first started being underground about decade after Dubstep. To anyone wanting to do a Harlem Shake video of their own (as if there weren’t enough already) here is how you do it.
- Find a general place of meeting or work.
- Start with one person dancing in the middle of said place (preferably masked)
- Get him/her to dance for 15 seconds as the song builds up.
- The moment the tune ‘drops’ get as many people in the shot dancing in the same place, especially if they have morph suits or festival wear.
- Keep the crowd dancing for 15 seconds and end with slowmotion.
And there you have it, a step by step guide to doing the Harlem Shake. Have fun!