A huge thank you to the Publishing Push for sending me a review copy of this book.
I was one of a very lucky group of people to be sent a copy of this book which has not yet been released so I cant give away too many details however I will explain things the best way that I can.
I will start by saying that I really enjoyed parts of this book more than I did others. The main focus of the story is on a young girl who is suffering with anxiety, depression and other forms of mental illness which I feel in this day and age is very relatable and some people will connect with this character and feel their pain.
To be honest all of the characters in the book are really interesting and are extremely likeable, some are love interests or family to other characters in the story but some are there to help the young girl in this story to overcome her problems and become a much healthier and happier person.
The settings are really well described and it helps the reader to picture the various locations of the story and some of these places are dull and depressing which works well for certain parts of the book and others are full of wonder and creativity which I personally really enjoyed.
So for the most part I really enjoyed this book however I like to be honest even when I get sent stuff to review and a recurring theme of this book really did not work for me and that was the bible stories.
Before I continue I want to elaborate that I have no issue with religion and I feel that it can be worked into any story if done in a way that is more subtle and a little less forced.
In the book the main character meets a person that wants to understand their mental illnesses and help them to overcome those problems but a lot of the time the way this is done is with bible stories being told to the main character and these sections really dragged on more than I felt was necessary and while I will admit that I have not read the original stories it seemed as if the entirety of these stories were told and on top of that I struggled to understand some of the morals of these stories and how they were meant to help the main character.
Perhaps if I did know the bible stories it would make more sense but you shouldn’t need to know material from one thing to understand another thing and that is why I think the book didn’t keep my interest but also I felt it really affected the story because for the most part the book was great and I wish it kept its focus on the original characters and ideas instead of bouncing between that and the bible
I think that 60 percent of this book is great but the other 40 percent really holds it back, my biggest issue was the constant jump between this story and bible stories, I think a religious theme could of worked extremely well if it was executed a little bit differently, for example the main character could have joined a church or made friends with a pastor among other ideas like that but the stories were just too much because in the nicest way I can put this if I wanted to read bible stories I would just read the bible.
Again huge thank-you to the Publishing Push for sending me another book.
I feel a little bad for not enjoying this one as much as other books I have read but honesty is a huge part of my job and it would not feel right to pretend I enjoyed something that I didn’t.
I hope you enjoyed this review of Gods Timing by Janet. E. Green
If you would like to help support the website please use the donation button at the top of the page, your donations will help to improve the website by allowing me to afford products to review and to be able to execute any costly updates and changes, any amount in donations are welcome.
Thank You for all of your support.
Want me to review a specific game/movie/product or do you have a general question you would like me to answer? if so please email me at email@example.com