We are officially only three weeks away from the release of the Nintendo Switch and in celebration every week up until the release I will be releasing articles expressing my excitement for the system.
On the 12th of January 2017 Nintendo released an hour long presentation discussing important information about their new system, I have watched the presentation multiple times and although I am very excited about the new console I do feel that Nintendo have made some rather critical mistakes.
Lets start by going over what I consider to be the most disappointing parts of the presentation
Here are the Cons of the Nintendo Switch
- Apart from a couple of games the launch line up is not very exciting
- At the moment games are very expensive, you wont likely be paying less than £50 for a game and some games cost even more
- Accessories are also ridiculously over priced but to be honest Nintendo have never had great deals on their accessories.
- There is only 32GB of internal storage but you are able to expand the storage by inserting a micro SD card
- The battery life while you are out and about is between 2-6 hours which isn’t great but could be much worse
- Only 1080p resolution on the TV and 720p on the tablet, may not seem like a huge deal but when compared the competition this is fairly low
- No pack in game comes with the system
- You need to pay to play online now
With the worst out of the way, I can finally talk about the Pros of the Nintendo Switch
- The price of the system is only £279.99
- The release date (March 3rd 2017) is earlier than we expected
- Lots of third party developers are creating titles for the system
- For the first time ever Bethesda Game Studios are developing for the switch,The Elder Scrolls Skyrim is being released on the system
- Two brand new IP’s were announced, out of the two IP’s that were announced the most exciting for me was ARMS, ARMS is a non traditional boxing game that uses extendable arms to fight, it looks really cool and I am really looking forward to playing it
- A sequel to Splatoon was announced
- A brand new 3D sandbox Mario game was announced, Super Mario Odyssey has not had too much information released about the new game but we do know that it has a release date of Holiday 2017
- A direct sequel to the ever so popular Xenoblade Chronicles was announced, Xenoblade 2 will be released sometime this year
- Hyrule Warriors fans will be pleased to know that a Fire Emblem Warriors game is coming to the Switch
- A HD port of Mario Kart 8 is coming in April, it includes all previous DLC, A brand new Battle Mode and new characters and tracks
- Breath of the wild has a brand new trailer complete with voice acting and a release date of March 3rd was announced meaning that Zelda will be there for the launch of the system
So that was a basic breakdown of what I consider to be the best and worst parts of the Nintendo Switch Live Presentation, Next week I will be discussing the top 5 games I want for the switch which have yet to be announced.
I hope you enjoyed my look at the Nintendo Switch Live Presentation
Want me to review a specific game/movie/product or do you have a general question you would like me to answer? if so please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find me on Miiverse by searching for draskafer